CMS Composer - Code Generator for Content Management System (CMS)
What is CMS Composer?
CMS Composer is a simple to use interface that allows non-technical web designers to create, edit and maintain their own MySQL database table layouts for use in their own Content Management System. It also generates web-based data entry programs (web apps) for each table.
The traditional approach to database management requires technical understanding of how to create,edit and manipulate database table layouts withing a database application like MySQL (which is what we use). CMS Composer removes the need for technical expertise by pushing the technical part into the background and providing an intuitive 'table layout editor', which is no harder to use than a word processor, to edit table layouts.
Read more about our CMS design perspective to learn if CMS Composer might be right for you.
Please contact us for questions or more information about our CMS Composer data entry application generator.
Learn more about database table design basics or run our various demos.
CMS Composer (Generator) - Basic Features
- Dynamic interface allows Adding, Moving, Deleting of table schema columns
- Multiple table support for Parent/Child related tables - one to many
- Creates data entry applications with two edit screen modes (with easy toggle between the two):
- Full Edit (list all column entries on a page)
- Quick Edit (list selected columns for multiple records on a page) - Composer allows selection of displayed columns.
- Drop down menus can be created from static values or from values obtained from external relational table joins
- Support for standard data types: int, long, float, double, date, datetime, time, text
- Support for building HTML data entry input types: textarea, checkbox, radio button, select (dropdown menu)
- Support for custom data entry input types: dynamic dropdown menu (list from data), created date, last modified date
- Custom functions available, calculate total of internal columns, display value from external table
- Full control over display width of entry fields
- Add New record can 'Clone' from any other record
- Supports image display related to any column (e.g. photo id)
- Support for external functions that, e.g. generate an invoice
- Full control over error checking on all data entries: Optional (no warnings), Warning (display warning but save anyway), Required (can't save record until entered)
CMS Composer Data Entry Program (generated by CMS Composer) - Basic Features
- Convenient access to data with multiple button controls (Find,Add,Prev,Next,First,Last,Del) in a single interface
- Find records to edit by entering a partial key - Target record is displayed in the middle of a list with similar neighbors above and below
- Toggle between using Full Edit mode (all column entries on page) and Quick Edit mode (selected column entries in list of multiple records)
- All partial Quick Edit mode records can appear in Full Edit mode with a single mouse click
- Find and Scanning (Next/Prev) ordering can dynamically key on any table column
- Scan data with Next and Previous buttons in Full Edit (one rec/page) or Quick Edit (multiple recs/page)
- Quickly go to First or Last record of table
- Dynamically choose how many records to list on each Quick Edit page listing
- Full Edit page displays record primary key number and table record total
- Full screen popup entry window for textarea entries, even in one record per line listing of Quick Edit entry screen mode
- Delete buttons prompt for delete confirmation
- Entry values are error checked for valid type on numerical and date types
- Date, Time and Datetime data type entries use pop-up calendar date selection tool